Thursday, May 14, 2009

Somehow everything is always about her

I really don't hate my MIL. I just can't stand her cloying personality and the fact that I can't be my true, sarcastic, anti-social self when I'm around her. It also irks me that everything ends up being about her, no matter what the topic of the conversation is.

She also tends to hover and it drives me bonkers. I can't check my email or visit my favorite websites without her standing 3 feet away asking me inanely, "What are you doing? Are you sending an email? Are you checking your email?"

She also just informed us that she will likely be laid off very soon if her employer doesn't reassign her elsewhere. To her credit, she's trying to focus on the positives in her life, like the arrival of her grandchild. She said the only good thing about being losing her job is that she can stay for a while to help out this summer with my older son and the new baby.

Omigod, no, is all I can think. I can't tolerate having my own mom around for more than a week, how can I possibly stand to have MIL around for a long period of time?? I'm hoping dear hubby won't go for a longer visit either.

1 comment:

  1. I can barely tolerate having my husband around for an entire week. Thank god he has a job! As the new mom, I say you get to draw the line over how long she stays. Like they say, house guests are like fish. After 3 days, they start to stink.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, especially if they are tips or advice for our posters. But please, let's keep it civil.