Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just leave, please

I have a problem similar to the daughter-in-law below whose m-i-l arrives just in time for dinner, hoping for an invitation.

But instead of showing up for dinner, mine arrives and hangs out for hours. Like right now.

She brought our daughters home TWO HOURS AGO after having them all weekend, and she's still here. Ostensibly, she's here because my husband is supposed to be teaching her how to use the Blackberry she has to carry for her job, but I think that's a fool's errand. I've never met anyone less technologically inclined than she is.

My husband, however, walked outside to "take a work call" 30 minutes ago, and he hasn't returned. He dreads her visits almost as much as I.

I've retreated to my bedroom to fold laundry, which at least gets me out of having to make idle chit-chat with her.

I just wish she'd leave so that we can get back to our regularly scheduled afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, especially if they are tips or advice for our posters. But please, let's keep it civil.