Friday, June 12, 2009

Needing to Vent

MIL gets into town this weekend. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to see her again until after the baby is born but who was I kidding? She's been coming to town every year for this stupid summer street festival since Gram's death in 2003. It's hard enough having to tolerate the woman's inane chatter in the best of times. Now that I'm in the last few weeks of this pregnancy, I'm not sure I'll have the strength to paste a fake smile on and act cordial in her presence. With my own mom at least, I can be my cranky self. With MIL, I always need to take her extreme sensitivity into account. Sigh and groan.

1 comment:

  1. I would take this as a rare opportunity to NOT take her extreme sensitivity into account. All your irritability can be blamed on the baby.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, especially if they are tips or advice for our posters. But please, let's keep it civil.